Description and ObjectivesBegin working on our first paper.
Write about something you support. Before you begin writing explore
your ideas on a sheet of paper by writing possible topics. Your
audience is your classmates and the teacher.
After you have finished writing your paper, do the following:
- Examine the use of logos in your paper. Underline parts where you are using logic.
- Examine the use of pathos in your paper. Is it effective? Does it need to be toned down or should more be added?
- Examine the ethos of your paper. Is it credible?
- Analyze your word choice. Are there any words that seem ineffective? Can they be replaced with more effective words? Are there any words that seem vague and can be replaced with more specific words?
- Check to see if any metaphors and similes are used in the paper? Do they make sense and convey what you are trying to say?
- Scan your paper for any comma splices or run-on sentences.